Friday, July 25, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Saturday, July 19, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Jim Beam® Taps Fans' Own Personal "Statements" To Help Co-Create Bottle Labels For Its New Single Barrel Bourbon
DEERFIELD, Ill., July 17, 2014 -- Each bottle of Jim Beam® Single Barrel, the first-ever single barrel offering from the world's No. 1 bourbon brand, exemplifies individuality – not only with the distinct flavor and personality of the bourbon itself, but also with its hand-crafted and hand-written bottle labels. And to celebrate its launch, Jim Beam® announces today that it's giving fans across the U.S. the opportunity to take part in the craft-making process with the launch of the Jim Beam® "Single Barrel, Single Statement" Contest.
Today through August 17, anyone of legal drinking age can share their unique "single statement" – whether it's a favorite toast, how to sip a great glass of bourbon, whom to enjoy it with or where to drink it – at www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com for a chance to be featured on actual bottle labels of this super-premium bourbon.
"As a brand rooted in making history, we wanted to allow our fans to make their own history by helping co-create bottles of Jim Beam®Single Barrel with their words (and names) on actual bottle back labels," said Vanessa Jenkins, Senior Brand Director at Beam Suntory. "With 219 years and seven generations of Beam heritage, we feel the time is right to include our fans in our first-ever single barrel product."
Fred Noe, Jim Beam's 7th Generation Master Distiller, will select the six (6) finest statements that will be featured on the back label of actual bottles of Jim Beam® Single Barrel sold in stores nationwide, joining select Jim Beam craftspeople whose statements are also currently featured on the inside back labels of bottles of Jim Beam® Single Barrel currently in market.
"Jim Beam® Single Barrel is special because it represents more than just the great liquid in our bottles," said Noe. "We are excited to give our fans a chance to be part of our story and have their unique words on our labels. It's the perfect way to finish off this super-premium bourbon in a one-of-a-kind, personalized way that only Jim Beam can deliver."
Jim Beam® "Single Barrel, Single Statement" Contest Details
In addition to having their names and statements printed on bottle labels sold across the nation, six (6) First Prize Winners will receive an authentic Jim Beam® Single Barrel barrelhead, customized with their name and statement, autographed by Noe. Then Fred will select two (2) Grand Prize Winners who will receive a once-in-a-lifetime, private bourbon tasting in their hometowns with friends and Noe himself.
To enter the contest, Jim Beam fans 21 years of age and over can share their "statement" (within 50 characters) and a brief description of the context or story around their statement at www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com. Fans can enter the Jim Beam® "Single Barrel, Single Statement" Contest from July 16 – August 17, 2014, with winners being announced on Jim Beam social channels the week of September 15, 2014. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be legal resident of the 50 United States and 21 years of age or older to participate. Void where prohibited. Subject to complete official rules located at www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com. Contest begins July 16, 2014, and ends August 17, 2014.
Throughout the contest entry period, fans will be able to watch a series of web videos featuring Noe and other Jim Beam craftspeople to find out their role in the Jim Beam® Single Barrel process and for inspiration for their own "single statements."
For more information on the Jim Beam® "Single Barrel, Single Statement" Contest, please "Like" Jim Beam on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jimbeam), please "Follow" @jimbeam on Twitter, or visit www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com to enter.
About Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel, the first ever single barrel bourbon from Jim Beam, is a smooth and approachable hand-crafted Kentucky Straight Bourbon bottled at 95 proof to commemorate the first barrel of Jim Beam made in 1795.
- Less than one percent of barrels qualify to be chosen for Jim Beam® Single Barrel with each producing more than 200 bottles that are individually bottled and hand-numbered with care to ensure a unique taste profile and premium quality for a perfectly crafted bourbon.
- Barrels are carefully selected from a range of racks that excludes the top and bottom to ensure the perfect taste, consistency and color of this new, super-premium expression that marks the historic and exciting move by Jim Beam into the quickly growing arena of premium bourbons.
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel is a rich, full-bodied bourbon with well-balanced notes of vanilla, oak and caramel. The aroma carries a rich oaky background with a light spiciness.
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel is the perfect sip and savor bourbon to enjoy neat or on the rocks.